Monday, April 1, 2013

catalina day 1

The week before Easter was my Spring Break so Mr. Matthew and I decided to do something Special. Something we've been wanting to do since we moved to California. Something that Matt has dreamed about doing with his wife since he was a little boy: Go to Catalina Island.

SB, also where Matt grew up, is only a couple hours away and since his family had a boat, some of his favorite childhood memories are of Catalina. It made the trip so special to walk the streets with him and listen to his stories, his memories, the day dreams he had of walking those same streets with me (his wife) all these years later. It was also special for the reason that it was the first Holiday we spent with just the 2 of us. Our own little family. When I was younger I always worried about spending holidays away from my family after I got married. I guess it just took finding the right person to know that home is wherever I'm with him.


The day we arrived, we stepped off the boat, dropped our luggage off at the hotel and then decided to go parasailing. It was a first for both Husband and I. It was thrilling. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment