Tuesday, April 23, 2013

soybean

When Husband and I first got Sawyer someone asked me, "So, have you guys decided how much you'll spend on him before you get rid of him? Like if he gets sick or something?"

Longest pause of my life.

I know not everyone is a dog or cat or pet person, but seriously? How could you put a price on a living creature that you love so so much? That's a part of your family just as much as you are? Especially one as cute as this??
 I literally love him like my own child. Well, not having had an ACTUAL child that I birthed to compare with, I love him as much as I know how. Husband and I were watching a movie where a girl is kidnapped and the parents have to pay the ransom. Being the emotional bawl bag that I am, I was tearing up and Matt, being the sweety that he is, noticed and paused the movie to find out why I was getting so upset. 

We had the following conversation:

Matt: Baby! What's wrong??
Me: *sniffling* What if someone kidnapped Sawyer? 
Matt: Then we'd get him back!
Me: *tears trickling down my cheeks* How much would we pay to get him back?
Matt: I don't think there's a limit.
Me: *relieved* Really? Because I would pay anything!
Matt: Of course. I don't think we could just not try to get him back. Ya know? He's a part of our family. 

And as I write this, he is walking in circles in his bed, kicking and nudging his blanket trying to make the biggest and fluffiest nest he can. He's been doing this for a full 3 min now and I'm just dying inside of his cute and sillyness. He has brought me so much joy and happiness. His little personality is perfect in every way, and I realize he's a dog and not human, but I love him, and he loves me.

Because I am his Mama and he is my puppy child.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dog! And the most adorable photo to go with it!
    Just so you know...I nominated you and your lovely blog for The Liebster Award! Check out all the details here: http://asliceofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-liebster-awards-ive-been-nominated.html#more
    xx

    ReplyDelete