Wednesday, April 3, 2013

if your husband's an entrepreneur

You probably hate tax season more than anything else in life.

You've probably eaten dinner at a restaurant alone while Husband was on an important business call. 

Just like you've probably had a conversation or two about setting "work" hours and "personal" hours.

You've probably celebrated over exciting new deals, clients, partners and ideas.

You've also probably cried over disappointments and let downs.

You've probably played the role of a business partner, a secretary, a therapist, a marketing agent, a hostage negotiator, and an accountant all at the same time. 

You probably feel unreliable at times because when it comes to making plans, you have no idea what next week, or next month, or next year will hold. 

You've probably looked at your bank account and wondered how you were going to make it.

And other times where you've felt overwhelmed with bounty and blessings.

You've probably had a hard time telling people what your husband does, on account of him doing several things. Always having at least 3 different projects on his plate at the same time.

It's been such an adventure being Matt's wife and partner through all of his business growth and changes. Sometimes I day dream about how easy and simple life was when I just had a 9-5 job. I went to work, and then got paid for it. I rarely had to take work home with me. Taxes were taken out, I filed at the beginning of each year, and a tax return was almost always guaranteed. But then I remind myself I wouldn't have all of the blessings that I do if Matt worked at a job and wasn't his own boss. I love that when friends want to do something during the week and "work hours" Matt can joke around and say, "I don't know, I'll have to ask my Boss...He's kind of a jerk." For some reason that never gets old to me. Probably because it never gets old to me that I get to spend all day with the love of my life. It's the best! We get to do everything together! Literal partners in crime. You'd think we'd get sick of each other...but no such luck. Who knows, it might happen....Nah, probably not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment