Wednesday, March 20, 2013

take my heart

I am still that little girl.

I remember being small and getting in a fight with my friends, or just being angry at the world for whatever reason and telling myself, "One day, you'll be rescued, you don't belong here." I was that little girl. Always waiting for her Dad to come and steal her away. From whatever was hurting me or making me sad. Even though no one told me I was a princess, I wanted it, so I believed it. I believed some where in the world I was someones princess.

Now that I'm older I reflect back and can't help but feel the Dad I was waiting for to come steal me away is my Heavenly Father. I was his princess. And sometimes I have to do things I don't want to, and experience things that are hard, but I know it's all temporary. I know my Dad is doing everything he can to reunite us, so why wouldn't I do the same? I know that He knows me. I know that he is aware of me and my needs. He sees who I am and is always rooting for me. He defends me and loves me. To him, I'm worth everything, and he'll never let me down. He'll be there for me always. I know that, more than I know anything else in this world.

I am still that little girl. I'm still waiting for my Dad to come rescue and steal me away. And I will wash his feet with my tears when we're finally reunited.
 
p.s. It may be cheesy. But it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment