Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nerd to the core


Well it's true. And official.

I am a huge nerd. I don't know who else get's excited planning out the next 2 years of their academic life but when I left the nursing counselors office I was so pumped! I love it! I can't wait to be busy running to classes and using my wrinkly little brain to do homework...now, I'm sure once the intense-ness starts, I may change my mind. However, for now. BRING IT!

Right now I'm only taking 2 classes. Philosophy and Heath. Both are completely ridiculous! I'm sorry but whoever invented philosophy must have been a lazy bum that just wanted to sit around all day planning how they would run their universe. My teacher always quotes this one dead guy that apparently said, "Every philosopher's goal is to create premises' that no man can deny and a conclusion that no man would agree with." ....

Huh?

What's the point of that?

See, I agree more with Sinatra...gosh, that man knows how to sing.

I just don't understand the whole purpose of it I guess. Maybe because I was raised in a LDS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) home and so a lot of my thinking is more, oh I don't know, GOAL oriented. I can ask myself the purpose of a lot of things but luckily for me...with my faith, come's answers. And those questions that don't have answers...well, you just said it! No answers. I have hope for those instances. Instead of worrying about some hypothetical person in some hypothetical world where some theory or principle can be applied...I like to focus on the here and now, live life! Not that there is anything wrong with asking questions like:


I'm just saying it's not my cup o'tea.

And as for Health! Aye, aye, aye. I sent my mom some of the pictures in our text book that we had to study...I felt like I was back in 5th grade during the maturation program, but uh...instead of listening to the girls shpeel...I was in the next room listening to the guys. Haha! It's entertaining enough but I'm just so ready and excited to be in classes I actually have an interest for.

MEDICINE.

And not medicine as in drugs and pills. No.



I mean being a nurse.
(Yeah, that's suppose to be a freakin' rad nurse flying to rescue.)
AKA...the future me!

Maybe a scrub nurse, maybe even some day...a Doctor. Eeeek! I get so excited just thinking about it. When I was working as a medical assistant in a pediatrics office, it was so exciting. Getting to see and learn all the things...I find it all so fascinating and I love helping people. Of course there are bad things to all professions, but all the good wonderful things totally out weigh the bad.

Nursing here I come!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha that is funny :D Jon is a Philosophy Major :D

    ReplyDelete