Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Count Your Blessings, Tra la la la laaaaa.


In church last Sunday we were talking about all the different ways the Lord is there for us.

The truth is the Lord is ALWAYS there, it's just a matter of recognizing all the different ways. Because he can't literally wipe our tears and give us big hugs himself, it's important to know the other ways he shows his love for us.

This morning I am feeling his love so much!

My blessings:

1. I have an amazing husband who loves me more than anything. He would give anything to make me happy, and I for him. He supports me and loves me in all that I do...My mistakes, my strengths, my obsessive habits, my passions, he's always there supporting me. I feel like he lifts me up and makes me want to be the best I can be. He makes the life I want clear and obtainable.



2. I have a corky, loving, giving family. I love I can call anyone in my family and have a real conversation with them. When we have family gatherings if one person is missing, we're all aware and wish we could all be there together. They are my best friends. They are my examples. They are a huge part of me and why I am the way I am.



3. The gospel. That I have a sanctuary every Sunday to clear my thoughts, focus on the Savior and the remember the reason I'm here in the first place. The reason I wake up every morning trying to be the best and do the best I can. The reason every person matters...the world is full of my brothers and sisters. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the atonement and for temples. That I can know I'll always be with my family. That there will always be that special bond and connection that being a family here in this life brings. That Matt and I can create our family together...start our eternal journey.



4. Chocolate chip cookies. And not just any chocolate chip cookies, but hot chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven.



5. School. I love to learn! I love knowing I'm making myself a better person. So I can be the best wife and someday mother I can. I want to be an example for my children (someday when I have children.) And I think being educated is a huge part of that for me. I'm so blessed because my husband works hard so that I can focus on school right now and not try to juggle both. With my brain power capacity lately...I don't know how well I could do that...I couldn't do it without him.



6. Lazy nights with my hubby. Sometimes life gets so busy, it's nice to just chill and vegge...watch some Lost or Grey's Anatomy and just exist with none other than my better half.



7. Tender Mercies. Direct answers to my prayers so I know the Lord is listening to me and is aware of my needs. Yesterday I had 2 very good friends over for dinner, Gaby and Oksana. What a wonderful thing TRUE friends are. Friends that are honest. Friends that don't talk behind your back about you making a mistake, but talk to you about how their concerned. Friends that you can laugh with and forget the stressful things. Or friends that you can talk and talk about those stressful things but instead of walking away feeling overwhelmed...you feel lighter because you know that person really listened, and took some of your load for you. Friends that have characteristics of the Lord. I know the Savior is the truest and best friend you could ever imagine. And my friends Gaby and Oksana are the truly christ like in that way. I love them!



8. Again, tender mercies! Lately the Lord has been working through everyone around me!! I've had so much support through family, friends, even doctors. It humbles and strengthens me. I know the Lord loves me and he is watching out for me. I'm blessed to have people in my life and in this world that act on those promptings. Matt's family has totally taken my heart condition and made it their priority. I love my family-in-law...they've become my family as well.



9. Christmas. Are you really surprised? Being me...of course I had to wonder, "What if I lived in a world where Christmas didn't exist?...what if the Savior never came down to the Earth and we had no reason to celebrate such a miraculous gift?" So, I am BLESSED that we have a reason to celebrate Christmas...and that it just happens to be during the most beautiful time of the year =)



10. Puppies. I love them and their puppy breath. And some day I'm going to have one of my own!


11. So many more!!

It's weird that the spirit makes you cry. Crying is usually a bad thing that happens when your sad and hurting. And your face gets all red and splotchy and your mouth usually goes all twisted and frowny...it's not a pretty or fun thing. But when it's the spirit, and your crying happy tears...well, nothing else matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment