Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sleepy time

This Sunday was daylight savings time.
Hopefully you're adjusting better than I am. It's really messed me up over here. Luckily I have a husband that still wakes up at a decent hour and works hard, as opposed to me who sleeps the day away until sometimes (and I'm very ashamed to admit this) 11:30. And even though I try to kid myself with, "It's not really 11:30, it's actually 10:30..." I can't!

I used to wake up at 7:00 with all the energy in the world. What's happened to me?
And that's where I find myself today. Thinking of all the possible reasons as to why I sleep my life away and have no energy.

The possible reasons why I sleep my life away:

1. I'm old and my body needs rest and recuperation. This is totally not bogus at all. I'm 24 years old people, way past my prime.

2. My body is growing faster than ever before. Even if it is growing horizontally and not vertically...my fat cells have never seen such demanding times. They're working really hard right now.

3. My heart medication. Truth be told, the high dose they have me on totally slows me down. Also, a side affect is weight gain. Just another toll on my poor fat cells.

4. The time change. Have you seen The Princess Bride? It's like that...and I'm Wesley. Someone just sucked an hour of my life away...

5. Matt and I have been doing a lot of physical out-doorsy stuff. Riding bikes up hill against the wind? We should just start telling people we're training for a triathlon.

6. My pacemaker has been going off a lot lately. It's kind of mean, forcing my heart to beat faster when it's too tired to. Just give it a break, Trudy!! (Trudy is my ICD) If my heart and I wanted to be up and doing stuff I'd take a red bull or something!

7. Stress. It's kinda stressful getting heart surgery and stuff. And like, I'm sorry but driving 5 hours for a 15 minute device check just to drive another 5 hours back home? I'd rather be chilling in the hot tub giving my fat cells a spa day.

8. The Beach Boys. We've been jamming out to their music a lot lately. Maybe if they weren't so talented and their music wasn't so amazeballs I could save some energy from the dance floor and use it later.

9. Thinking of all these reasons. It takes a lot of energy thinking of why I have no energy. I think I'll go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment