Monday, May 6, 2013

a thousand years

When Matt heard me listening to this song the other day he just started laughing. I'm not sure why...? Because Twilight is freaking awesome. I mean, what greater love is there than Edward and Bella?

You guessed it. Sarcasm.

I was such a huge fan of all the Twilight books but once Kristen and Robert embodied my once favorite vampire-mortal couple...my fan-ism died. Seriously. I had such high hopes for them. And then their awful acting, lacking budget, and badly written scripts totally killed it.

But that doesn't change the fact that Matthew and I have gone to see every single movie in the theaters. And it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the last one, when they played this song, I teared up.

I totally did. And Matthew and I sat there holding hands, looking with big lovey doe-eyes at each other. It was like watching my high school graduation video or something. And the words of the song really hit me. Sometimes, I forget what eternity means. And it takes a cheesy song from Twilight to remind me. It means waking up when I'm 99 years old and wrinkly and fat and seeing those same big, dark blue eyes, that same big smile I've fallen in love with so many times. It means when I'm laying on my death bed, holding the love of my life's hand, I don't have to be afraid because I know I'll see him again and we'll continue on loving and laughing in a whole new world.

I will never have to go a day without Matthew by my side and so even though this song is tied with such a horrible movie like Twilight, that's okay. I still love it anyway. I still even love Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment