Friday, October 28, 2011

ramblings of me

For all you married people [without children or referring back to pre-pregnancy] do you ever stop and think about the fact that any day you could wake up and find out your pregnant? That you could, in one moment, one split second, find out your whole life for the rest of forever and eternity will change forever? Every once in a while I have those realizations and it's weird for me. Maybe because my whole life, well as soon as I knew what The Birds and The Bees referred to, having a baby meant you had sex and having sex was bad and only something married people do.

I've been married for over a year and sometimes I still get this realization that not only could Matt and I have a baby, but that it wouldn't be "bad." Sometimes I'm afraid that's one of the reasons we want to wait so long. Because as soon as you tell people your pregnant, they know that you *gasp* did it. But then how weird would it be to be married for over a year and not have? You might need marriage counseling if that were the case. I don't know, maybe I'm alone on this mental boat ride but it really makes me look at the way I live my life.

It makes me want to do and be better.

3 comments:

  1. ^^ Glenna, you are too cute!

    In my mind, it's always the wedding night where the happily married couple have "done it." XD But that's just my slightly twisted, really desperately lonely mind. Also, I'm not married and I'm not likely to be married any time soon. Hooray!

    Really, if you're waiting to have children for a time when you're more stable, all the more power to you. My sister has been married for over two years and hasn't had a child, and my brother was married for 9 months when he has his. Each marriage is different, and not all of them have children right off the bat or even a year or two in. It's just whenever you feel it's right.

    And by the way, one of the many perks of being married is the common assumption that you've been "doing it" almost non-stop since marriage. ;) (Just teasing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenna, I hope you do it with your hubby. haha but I totally know where you are coming from. It's difficult for a lot of "good Mormon girls" to make the switch from the "it's bad" to "it's good" mentality. As far as waking up to find out you are pregnant? Watch out, it's happened to me before. If it makes you feel any better, if you told me you were pregnant I would be so freakin' excited! The more pregnant friends, the better! It makes it weirder being outside of Utah though for sure! I feel like people look at me like I'm some skanky knocked up teenager. Oh, ps I think every man has a little Mr. Intensity or Hulk in him. That's hilarious about your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny to me to hear that someone is pregnant and that they're how many ever weeks along and I ALWAYS try to figure out if they did it after we hung out or something. Telling the in laws was so awkward because I know I wouldn't want to think of Maddox doing it so why would they want to think of their son doing it? Ew. Back in the old days girls weren't allowed out of the house once they were pregnant for that very reason. People would KNOW they were sluts. Ha.

    ReplyDelete