Thursday, March 3, 2011

the blah monster

Today was basically a very blah day.

For some reason I just woke up feeling super blah. And on top of that...it was Thursday. It doesn't help that Thursdays are basically jam packed full of things until 9:00PM. I don't get a break until 9 o'clock at night.

So here it is 10:27PM and my eyes are blood shot and hurty, my body is achey, my mind has become scrambled eggs, and the last thing I want to do is study for the biology test I have next Mon. Clearly the reason I'm here blogging, ha. I am the pro-crastinator, remember? So in times when the blah reaches maximum strength, 2 things help...

A. Knowing that so far in that class I have an A, so I just have to focus on keeping it that way. And B. when I came home from school today, Matt had surprises waiting for me =) Not only did he get me some beautiful flowers, but he remembered me mentioning (I barely remember) that I wanted to get new sheets for our bed so he went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got the highest thread count available.
I heart him.
And...he picked up the package I'd been waiting for from the post office that's clear down in Provo =)

Everyone knows I can get cranky when I'm tired...I even know I can get cranky when I'm tired. And it makes me feel bad that sometimes Matt falls victim to the blah monster. But I must say, nothing teaches a better lesson than feeling spoiled rotten after you know you haven't been a peach. His simple acts of kindness were (and always are) the perfect cure to my grumpy, tired, blah-filled heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment