Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ninja's and Stuff


It's one of those nights. I'm laying in bed, next to a sleeping husband, and my brain is going 500 miles an hour. Not in a stressed or over whelmed kind of way. But more of a - is that more of a summer or fall outfit? And - detailed plans, so detailed I'm sure I'm making some of the stuff up, for Matt's birthday and my sisters Christmas present...which then makes me think, if what I'm imagining doesn't exist then why don't I invent it? And then I start thinking about how and what I would need to do to invent it...which is in itself made up because I don't know the first thing about inventing anything!

And you get the picture...

So as I was laying next to Matt, who does this weird thing when he's in a deep sleep. He smacks his mouth. Like when you eat something sticky and delicious?...yeah, like that. When we were first married it scared me because I had no idea what it was but when I realized it was him, I can't help but chuckle whenever I hear it. It's like a suckling baby or something =)

But actually...instead of suckling baby, Matt is more of a suckling war veteran. Not in the sense that he went to war or has seen horrifying things, but in the sense that if you wake him when he's in a deep sleep he reacts like he's being attacked, tortured, electrocuted...any of these work. Haha. I think it must be a Bartlett thing because according to my step mother-in-law and sister-in-law, both of their husbands do the same thing.

I don't know how to describe it other than, in the split second between me saying, "Matt, are you awake?" and touching his arm, his eyes pop open and his entire body jumps a good foot off the bed. He then whips his head around in every direction as if ninjas were doing leaps and cartwheels over his head. It's really startling because, well...last I checked, there aren't any ninjas hiding in our bedroom.


1 comment:

  1. WE WANT A VIDEO. haha! That is seriously a sound worth capturing...although it might cause some rifts in your marriage were you to post it...still, WE WANT A VIDEO that you can show us privately. ;)

    ReplyDelete