Monday, February 13, 2012

over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go...

After writing this point I realized I got distracted going down memory lane and didn't write about any of the adventures we had during this most recent trip to see my grandparents.







It was definitely way too short but we packed it full of wonderful memories. I love my grandparents so much. We went down Wednesday early afternoon and spent the rest of the day visiting with Medzmire and Medzhire and taking pictures and videos of everything. Everything about their house and yard makes me so nostalgic. Then we had a delicious Armenian meal called Kufta and enjoyed the night with some stories from the Bible and Book of Mormon (my Medzhire has a theory that they speak Armenian in heaven...and he's ready to prove it to you) and lots and lots of ice cream...to Matts dismay. Haha, Medzhire kept insisting he needed more and more: "When I was his age, I ate twice that!" Medsmire was horrified by her husband and kept proclaiming, "Moses! He doesn't want that much!" to which Medzhire would reply, "Meada!" And that would end the discussion. Watching them bicker is so cute and at the end of the day they're still so in love with each other. But I guess Matt proved himself with the ice cream because soon after that Medzhire said: "Matt. Come to my shop tomorrow and I will give you 2 rugs."

The next morning we woke up at 5:00AM to do a session at the New Port Beach Temple with Medsmire. It's the smallest temple I've been to (so far) but it was beautiful! It was, as always, an amazing experience and I'm glad Matt and I got to be there with Medsmire. Afterward we went to Medzhire's last shop (he's finally retiring and sold all his others) and he gave us 2 of the most beautiful rugs! It was such a treat for so many reasons. Their not just rugs but a part of my heritage. My grandparents make me proud to be Armenian, even if it is 1/4, and I'm excited for my children to get to know them and their family history. After that we visited for a while and then went back to their house. Matt helped with some technical problems they were having with their computer, we ate some a ton of lunch, visited some more and then we had to head home. I already miss them so much and can't wait for our next trip... Which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment