~HAPPY LATE NEW YEAR!!~
It's a little late but I loved the idea of looking back over the year. It helps me know what I need to do THIS year to have an awesome incredible fun and growth filled year in 2011 =)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
GOT MARRIED!! Went through the temple, went to Hawaii...lost a member of my family.
And a lot of other things.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolution?
I don't think I made one. Yeah, I'm real cool like that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I know I had 1 aunt close by that had a baby, and my sister in law had a little girl. There are probably others but mostly, everyone I know is just pregnant right now. Haha.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My little brother...it's something that's changed me forever.
5. What countries did you visit?
Well let's see...India, Australia, Ireland, Italy a few times, Fiji...wait. You mean in real life.
Oh. That'd be none.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A summer of pure laughter and bliss!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Feb 10 because Matt proposed to me. May 26 because I was endowed and went through the temple for the first time. June 19th because Matt and I were sealed and married for time and all eternity and July 7th because that's when Jesse died.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Going through the temple for the first time. I knew I was doing exactly what I needed to when I needed to be doing it. I've waited and prepared to enter the temple my entire life and with the right person =) The temple is such a huge part of our lives.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My biggest failure? Uuuh, that's a stupid question. If I didn't accomplish something it's probably because I really didn't care that much about it in the first place, haha. So none failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It was almost a completely healthy year for me!! Which I was way proud of, until that is, December came. In December I both got super sick and ended up in the ER and then one Sunday going to church, slipped and fell and (I'm convinced) fractured a bone in my knee because a month later and it still KILLS.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Matt's wedding band. I think it's totally awesome and love the fact he wears it and is proud of it =)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
MATT!! He's been so supportive and strong and just amazing during this year and all the trials it's brought. Nobody wants to start their marriage the way we did, losing a loved one =( but it's brought us so much closer than before...which is saying something.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jose, Corrin, Jen.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding and honeymoon. Matt and I did everything on our own - plus and minus.
15. What did you get really, really, really, excited about?
Feeling at peace with deciding to marry the most wonderful and perfect man for me that could ever have existed =)
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Shoot. There's a few of them.
By The Boab Tree, Ophelia of the Spirits
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Like a G6, Far East Movement. Haha!
17. Compared to this time of year, are you:
A.) Happier or sadder? Happier most days...some days, much sadder.
B.) Thinner or fatter? About the same.
C.) Richer or poorer? A little richer. YAY!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Ride bikes and travel.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Let other people get to me.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent Christmas day at my parents. We slept there Christmas Eve and enjoyed Christmas day with family and very much loved ones.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
...I finally admitted to myself I was head over heels in love. So yes and no.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
In 2010 I think we had a few...
CSI - Special Victims Unit
...we loved all of these
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't know if I'd say hate...but would I rather have a million paper cuts all soaked in lemon juice than be around them? Yeah, sure. Haha.
25. What was the best book you read?
I read this really good one about a woman who had a near-death experience. I can't remember the name of it but it was really interesting.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Messiah. After watching a play of Handle and how he came to write it...I love it so much more.
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to get a 4.0 and I got a 4.0!
28. What did you want and not get?
This might not make sense but...I wanted a Christmas that felt like Christmas more than anything this year. But instead it felt like a very weird Christmas.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Probably Inception or Knight and Day. Both amazing!!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Matt pretty much celebrated my birthday all week! On my actual birthday I turned 23 and we went Christmas tree shopping and started decorating the house for Christmas. Which, DUH!! my idea of a perfect birthday.
31. What was one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think it would have been the most amazing year if Jesse hadn't died...
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I have no idea! Haha. Comfortable but cute...? Nothing special or fancy. Now I'd have to say my fashion style is a little more sophisticated, also just more adult.
33. What kept you sane?
Matthew!! I would be in a loony bin right now if it weren't for him.
34. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably Leonardo DiCaprio. I use to LOVE him when I was younger (Titanic...*sighs*) But then he got gross. Now he seems to have gone back to amazing actor!!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really know. I don't really follow any of that. I'm much happier being oblivious. This world is going to crap.
36. Who did you miss?
I missed Jesse a ton.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
She probably doesn't know it but Whitney, this girl I met in my health class was such a blessing this last semester! She lost her sister unexpectedly as well and just suffered some really hard trials in her life but she was still the sweetest and most fun girl. She really taught me a lot.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
That no matter how much you plan, no matter how much you want something...sometimes the Lord still knows best. So the best plan you can have is to live your life in accordance with his will. Give up your pride, and put it all in his hands.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Now I'm flyin so high like a G6..."
Hahaha! Actually I don't know if this sums up my YEAR. But it sure sums up the ending. It's been an interesting one 2010 but so far 2011 has been grand.