Sunday, August 28, 2011

things going down

Hello friends!
I have an announcement. Well a few of them actually.

I'm pregnant.

J.K.

(Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself, that would not be funny, but the joke just felt right at the time.)

Anyway, so it's been a while since I've done a post and there are so many things going on right now that I feel like if I don't put it down somewhere my brain is going to over flow all over the place. Have you ever felt that way? There are so many things your trying to remember and before you know it your putting your laundry away in the fridge and your grocery's in the dresser? I've never actually done that but give me a week and check back.

I don't know if I've ever told you about the gloriousness that is Fort Bridger but it is the most fun and exciting event of the year! Not to mention the A family reunion which makes it twice the bomb biggidy. My sister in law explained it the best way, so I'm going to steal her definition:
Fort Bridger is the location where the mountain man rendezvous is held over "Labor Day week/weekend. We go, spend a week camping and when we walk into 'town', we're dressed in period clothes (pre-1850's). There's all sorts of events to participate in as well: black powder rifle shooting, knife and tomahawk throwing, frying pan tosses...etc. There's miles of tents lined up with people who make/sell/buy/trade goods."



There is even a candy cannon. Yes. You heard me right. They shove a ton of candy into several canons and fire it over a big field and let the children, and few random adults (what?), go crazy scooping up handfuls of smoking candy. Basically, you can have all the candy your apron, bonnet, and greedy hands can hold. Can you believe that?! It's exactly what a girl and her hubby needs during the first week of the new semester.

Yeah. Heard me right again. School starts the day before we head out for this glorious tradition and reunion. Thank goodness my classes are online at least, although I haven't decided exactly how I feel about that.

A person can only be on top of so many things. Now I'm both self-employed and a student doing both from home. This will either be genius or disaster. My self discipline will be put to the ultimate test. I do take school very seriously and I'm afraid the confusion and newness of online classes will risk my grades. I can neither deny nor confirm that I have a 4.0, but I will say that I do.

Really, school is my first priority and then my job.
Actually, my marriage is my first priority but you get what I mean.

On top of all of that...Sawyer, my ever so adorable and cuddly pup, is going through a major rebellious stage. We'd been warned about this time in a puppies life but I admit it's much more frustrating than I expected.

Soybean does this thing where you tell him to sit and he looks you right in the face and just stands there. So then I give him the threatening tone and say, "Sawyerrrrrr...." Then he knows I mean business. But just because he's sassy he doesn't quite sit yet and just slowly walks in a circle before inch by inch lowers his bum like he's going to sit. But still wont actually sit. He'll hold his bum 1/2 an inch off the ground just to prove he doesn't have to sit if he doesn't want to. He's literally worse than a teenager. Well, maybe. Because at least Sawyer can't yell at us and say horrible things about us being the worst parents, or masters, or whatever.

Anyway, it's been a struggle. We just have to be firm and consistent with him.
By the end of this journey, we'll have the best most well behaved pup ever. And we're totally going to rock at training dogs. We might even open a dog training business....or not. Haha.

Let's be honest, I can be patient with Sawyer because he's my cute, cuddly, fluffy and very sassy puppy.




But I don't know if I'd have the patience for anyone else's pup.



1 comment:

  1. How could I forget the CANDY CANNON in my description?! I should be smacked. Okay, maybe not. BUT BRDIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I'm so freaking excited!

    ReplyDelete