Saturday, September 8, 2012

let me fill you in

So the summer is coming to an end. 

School has started. The days are getting shorter, the nights cooler (but still not cool enough.) And I have yet again, neglected my blog. This summer has been such a fun one!
- We went to Waikiki, Hawaii and I fell in love! We swam with the dolphins, we went to the polynesian cultural center, we swam in the ocean every day, we ate puka dogs almost every day...it ended too soon. I'd only been to Kauai before so it was a completely different experience to go to a more touristy spot like Waikiki. It was one of the most amazing and perfect vacations ever.

- After doing a lot of hiking in Hawaii we were determined to continue hiking in Santa Barbara. So we formed a sort of hiking gang, if you will. Really it's just Husband and I with his brother and wife. But if I may brag for a second, some of the funnest times exploring Santa Barbara's mountains with those 2.

- There was the 4th of July. We had a BBQ at the in laws which is always a good time and then we headed out to Goleta's small town firework show.

-My family came out to visit! We all went to Solvang and some of them even had appointments at Stanford. It's always so much fun having a full house with the Allen's.

- We celebrated Fiesta Days! I absolutely love Fiesta Days. There are carnivals and parades, fun music and food! Lots and lots of delicious food. Guess what else? They hollow out eggs, paint them and stuff them with confetti so that you can go around throwing them at people and it's totally legal. Or you can do what Husband did...and just slam that little sucker right on top of my head.

- After that Jessica came out to visit again. We showed her more of SB and I admit, it made me love this city a little bit more. I never thought I'd want to live here long term but the longer we're here the more I can see us staying here, raising a family here. I don't know, the possibility becomes more and more appealing.

- A couple days after she left we headed to Utah and Wyoming for Fort Bridger. It was so good to see family and meet my new little niece Moriah (who is almost a year old!!) and reunite with my favoritest little Lili bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment